You will need:
1. 1 cup finely chopped cabbage.
2. Finely chopped carrot, cauliflower, onions and capsicum- Together 1 cup
3. Green chillies- 1 to 2.
4. 1 inch ginger, chopped finely.
5. 1 or 2 cloves garlic.
6. Cornflour and maida (refined flour)- to hold the vegetables together.
7. 1 tbsp soya sauce
8. 2tbsp tomato sauce
9. 1 tsp vinegar
10. Oil for frying
11. Salt, pepper to taste
12. Pinch of soda
Spring onions- for garnish
For the Sauce
1. Heat oil, add ginger, green chillies and garlic and fry for a minute.
2. Add a little chopped onion and capsicum and fry.
3. Add the sauces one by one on a low flame and a cup of water.
4. Add salt and a pinch of water and boil for 2-3 minutes.
5. In a cup, mix a tsp corn flour and water and add to the boiling sauce for thickness. Boil the mixture till the desired consistency.
6. Your sauce is ready. Set aside.
For the vegetable balls
1. Mix all the vegetables together in bowl.
2. Add pepper, salt, green chillies and a pinch of cooking soda.
3. Add maida (refined flour) and corn flour into the bowl and sprinkle water. Mix it such that a sticky mas id obtained.
4. Make into spherical shapes and fry in oil till golden brown in colour.
Add the fried vegetable balls to the boiling sauce and cook for a minute.
Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.